- Hair Loss Treatment Center
- Opened 7 Days a Week for Appointments in Manhattan
- Dr Cotsarelis said: ‘We think these findings will have implications beyond male pattern baldness but, even if they don’t, we think it will be exciting. ‘There is a large number of people who would rather have hair than not. ’ If developed the drug would revolutionise the hair regrowth market. Britain’s 7. 4million bald and balding men have limited options of cures for their conditions.
- Hair we go: At the moment men have very few options for treating baldness Dr Cotsarelis, said: ‘The nice thing about dermatology and hair loss in general is that you can take compounds that maybe are being used as a pill and put them in a topical formulation. ‘We certainly think it would be good at preventing hair loss but we don’t know for sure that it would regrow. ’ Lab test suggest the treatment may also help women who are losing their hair.
- In tests on lab and on mice, the compound stunted hair growth, the journal Science Translational Medicine reported in March. ‘Blockers’ of the enzyme have been formulated as pills to cure asthma and allergic conditions but it should be possible to turn them into a lotion which could be applied to the scalp.
- Dr Cotsarelis and his dermatological team at the University of Pennsylvania, discovered that enzyme Prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) prevented hair follicles from maturing.
- Scientists at the University of Pennsylvania believe they have discovered the reason for baldness, an enzyme which shuts down hair follicles.
- Doctors noticed increase lash growth as a side effect of Latisse
- If the Hair Follicle still producing hair, Latisse might produce longer, darker, thicker hair
- Latisse was originally used to treat glaucoma
- Vitamin D is crucial to hair growth.
Cure Baldness NYC - (212) 644-6454 - New York, NY
New York Dermatology Board Certified Dermatologist 30 East 60th Street (Park/Madison) 8th Floor Suite 805 New York, NY